Health & Safety Policy
In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities; the Directors of Amalga Limited have produced the following statement of policy in respect of health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health, and never prioritise profit ahead of health and safety, and to this end, we will always pursue continuous improvement.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures.
- Providing and maintaining safe work equipment.
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work.
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility.
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform.
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate.
- Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communications of relevant information.
- Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health.
Our health and safety policy will be reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.
This statement should be read in conjunction with the responsibilities, arrangements, procedures and guidance that together form the health and safety policy for Amalga Ltd